Search

Free Lips of a Mastodon Books Online Download

Free Lips of a Mastodon Books Online Download
Lips of a Mastodon Paperback | Pages: 226 pages
Rating: 3.96 | 419 Users | 23 Reviews

List Epithetical Books Lips of a Mastodon

Title:Lips of a Mastodon
Author:Ted Bernal Guevara
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First
Pages:Pages: 226 pages
Published:September 30th 2015 by Rumble Lit Press
Categories:Drama. Mystery. Crime. Fiction. Thriller. Psychological Thriller. Suspense

Commentary Toward Books Lips of a Mastodon

(BACK COVER) Why does Ted Bernal Guevara keep putting out these James Dean conceptual novels? In plain truth, Guevara says, “He’s like a kid (James Dean) I went to class with, rode the bus with and slid down an awesome snow-packed hill with.” And after high school, he goes on to Hollywood fame and immortality while Guevara from his modest bookish world is left to wonder about the iconic image, giving it a stark, poignant voice sixty years later. Guevara grew up in Marion, Indiana, where the actor was born. In 1954, Dean met perhaps the one real romance of his brief life. Italian actress Pier Angeli was barely 22 when her movie The Silver Chalice coincided with Dean’s East of Eden at Warner Brothers. She’d sneak over to watch him perform, and he would do the same. When they finally interact, Pier’s mother disapproves of Dean’s behavior, attire and not being Catholic. Some say it was all for the limelight and publicity. Guevara’s gripping and frank story vies otherwise, excavating the actor’s true passion for the lovely but quaint Ms. Angeli. Guevara is also the author of True Feel, A Circle with Two Corners, and Days of Slint, the first James Dean conceptual novel.

Define Books In Favor Of Lips of a Mastodon

ISBN: 1512216313 (ISBN13: 9781512216318)
Edition Language: English

Rating Epithetical Books Lips of a Mastodon
Ratings: 3.96 From 419 Users | 23 Reviews

Assessment Epithetical Books Lips of a Mastodon
The characterization of James Dean in this novel uses death as a primary tool. He is narrating from the grave. Though at peace, he prefers life, to the exact moment of the love he once knew. Interesting. Worth my time at night, at a toll booth.

We, my husband and I, agree with most of what is claimed under this novel, just not quite sure of how high the star rating gets! True, this unknown author has potential, perhaps a smooth quality to his writing, so fluid one tends to overlook grammatical errors. I found six. But yes, over time they can just be part of the book's characteristic. The plot is in order enough, day to day. One thing I see is every time that there's crisis, the flow of the narrative also goes asunder, not just in the

This is the first fiction I've read in a very long time. Mr. Guevara usually publishes poetry. His latest, Birds on Elephant, I have on my shelf.

This book is far more solid and upbeat(!) than I had expected it to be, and can be enjoyed at many levels from plot to its nostalgic aspect. I'm used to highly intellectual fiction, which this has some and I thoroughly enjoyed. Yet despite its exploration of the life of a tragic figure (James Dean is such), it manages to be light-hearted. It's satirical as well; so much so that it bogs down any reference to any sad outcome. If anything it more closely resembles the mysticism of one J.D. Salinger

This book irked me a little. Everyone wants to manipulate the corpse of James Dean. Not me, and admitting that is wanting everything to stay the same. Hey, we're all fanatics here. Reading it I saw a lot of myself in Dean, in a normal crazy sense. Am I going to buy an unprotected Porsche and drive it a hundred miles per hour? I hope not. But the author does great on injecting normalcy, or rather on the calming of the actors hectic disposition leading an abnormal life. What isnt in Hollywood?

Lips Of a Mastodon is fiction but gives a voice to James Dean's love affair with Italian actress Pier Angeli in 1954. It is well written. Ted Bernal Guevara makes you feel as if James Dean is telling the story. It is a fast read and an interesting story.I received. this book thru Goodreads Giveaways

When I started this short book, I was convinced I was going to be caught and be involved. From the first-person pseudo-transfiguration the author has adopted, to the deepening love story between James Dean and actress Pier Angeli, I was hooked. Flawless interweaving to make a true occurrence into a novel. I was drawn in by Deans often casual lingo (so real at times one would think the actor had written the book). I was also intrigued by famous celebs in the plot, who are candid, in their daily

Post a Comment

0 Comments