Search

Download Czas pogardy (The Witcher #2) Books For Free Online

Download Czas pogardy (The Witcher #2) Books For Free Online
Czas pogardy (The Witcher #2) Paperback | Pages: 319 pages
Rating: 4.23 | 55350 Users | 2173 Reviews

Itemize Books Conducive To Czas pogardy (The Witcher #2)

Original Title: Czas pogardy
ISBN: 8370540910 (ISBN13: 9788370540913)
Edition Language: Polish
Series: The Witcher #2
Characters: Dandilion, Yennefer, Triss Merigold, Ciri (Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon), Iskra, Skomlik, Aplegatt, Francesca Findabair, Geralt of Rivia, Emhyr var Emreis, Sigismund Dijkstra, Filippa Eilhart, Margarita Laux–Antille, Tessaia de Vries, Codringher, Fenn, Vilgefortz, Giselher, Mistle, Kayleigh

Narrative To Books Czas pogardy (The Witcher #2)

Actual rating: 1.5 stars. I may or may not be a teensy little bit pissed off right now. Perhaps.The ranting is strong in this one. Consider your little selves warned.Yes, I know, I read this book wrong.You're welcome. I wasn't going to write this review today but there's a slight chance my exoskeleton is going to implode if I don't get this out of my system now, so here goes. This series started out with one of my mostest favoritest awesomest amazingest Fantasy book ever, aka The Last Wish. But it all went desperately downhill from there: 1/ My boyfriend Geralt stopped slaughtering monsters and being generally delicious. 2/ The series was suddenly plagued by an onslaught of Murderously Superfluous Blah-Blah-Blah-ing (MSBBB™) so ferocious I momentarily thought I'd been reincarnated as a sleeping pill. 3/ There were repeated and vicious and deadly relationship drama attacks. 4/ My boyfriend Geralt, who is kinda sorta supposed to be the MC for this series (well that's what I thought but I'm naught but a clueless shrimp so what do I know?), ended up having less page time than a born-again barnacle in a historical romance book. My thoughts exactly. That, my dear Gertrude, is called a complete and total rip-off. I thought that this instalment was actually much better than the previous two at first. No monster slaying (because that's obviously too corny and outdated and passé and obsolete and stuff), but lots more Geralt to be had, which is always, you know, good and stuff. There were ample amounts of MSBBB™, which means I got to practice my Superhuman Skimming Skills (SSS™), which was, you know, not so good and stuff. The plotline was all over the place and the structure of the book a total mess, which was, you know, not entirely satisfactory and stuff. Also, this has to be one of the worst translations in the history of worst translations (I'm assuming the book isn't as badly written in the original Polish as it is in English but I recently assumed I was going to enjoy reading The Fifth Season so I guess I can't really be trusted as far as, um, you know, assuming stuff is concerned), which is, you know, not that wonderful and stuff. So, as you can clearly see, it wasn't that bad at first. I mean, while reading the first 20% of the book I was virtually nearly not quite but almost practically considering rating it 3.758641 and a half stars (the yummilicious backstabbing helped, I admit). Then feminism started committing suicide over and over again. The way women are portrayed in this book is simply delightful. Thank you so much, Mr Sapkowski, for offering us such a sharp, acute, splendid, expert, flawless depiction of the gentler sex. I wonder why it is that this magnificent opus hasn't yet become the official feminist bible. I mean, all you need to know about women is beautifully summed up here: they are either evil sluts or treacherous bitches. Or evil bitchy sluts. Or treacherous slutty bitches. They are also quite remarkably frivolous. And one-dimensional. And superficial. This is all so extraordinarily accurate and so fabulously point on I might faint any second now. I mean, we all know that all women care about is bitching about each other. And bitching about men. And discussing men. And fighting over men. And shamelessly trying to seduce men while wearing barely-there, virtually nonexistent, see-through clothes. And hooking up with men. And bitching about other women who spend their time either discussing men or fighting about them or trying to seduce them while wearing barely-there, virtually nonexistent, see-through clothes, either before or after hooking up with them. Ha! Something just occurred to me (yes, it hurt. Very badly)! Sapkowski doesn't devote half the quarter of the third of the time he spends detailing sluts and bitches' women's lack of clothing he does describing what men wear. Strange, isn't? He probably forgot about it. Yeah, he must have. Besides, the men in his story have better, much more important things to do than worry about silly clothes. I mean, they are MEN, for fish's sake! They do great, serious, manly things and stuff. They have no time to waste on foolish frivolities. Obviously. Ha! Something just occurred to me again (if I keep this up I might end up in the E.R.)! There is one woman in this book who doesn't bear the Worthless Sapkowski Female Seal of Quality (WSFSoQ™). Her name is Ciri. Sapkowski wanted to make her a badass. So he gave her a sword. And masculinized the fish out of her. And, cherry on the cake shrimp on the paella, made her bisexual/gay. Because a woman can't be badass and be/act/look feminine. And because all bisexual/gay women act/are/look masculine. And now we come to the part of the book I loved most. I'm telling you, my Little Barnacles, Sapkowski gives the expression "saving the best for last" a whole new dimension. Because this crap here? It's Premium Super High Quality Suicide Inducing Stuff (PSHQSIS™). And Sapkowski saved it for the very last pages of his charming tale. How sweetly kindhearted of him. And now I am going to spoil the fish out of this book, so beware. (view spoiler)[So. To summarize. Ciri is about to get raped by Kayleigh. Luckily enough, Mistle comes to the rescue and chases the loathsome creep off. And what does Mistle do next? She proceeds to rape Ciri, of course (because that's what girls who have also been sexually abused in the past do to scared, lonely teenagers). Ciri feels "the grip of fear and disgust" but submits, and later falls asleep in Mistle's sweet embrace. She wakes up in the morning and all is fine and dandy because she is no longer alone and everything is wonderful and the birds are singing and the sky is blue but, weirdly enough, she kinda sorta feels filthy and tainted (I wonder why) so she goes down to the river and washes herself "with sharp movements of her hands, trying to remove what could not be removed" and cries but hey no biggie because at least she's no longer alone and stuff so of course she's going to stay with Mistle because, you know, Mistle saved her from Kayleigh and stuff and, really who the bloody stinking fish cares if Mistle ever so slightly raped her? And now excuse me while I shoot my little self in the head once more. (hide spoiler)] I am so done with this crap. The end. No, I will not be reading the rest of this series. Duh. The end again. P.S. I'm still pissed as fish about this. Whoever said writing reviews was cathartic is full of shrimp. · Book 1: The Last Wish ★★★★★ · Book 2: Sword of Destiny ★★★ · Book 3: Blood of Elves ★★★ [Pre-review nonsense] This book could have paved the way for Geralt's this series' return in my good graces. It almost did. But that Bloody Shrimping Ending of Oblivion and Spontaneous Combustion (BSEoOaSC™) happened. Also, don't get me started on the way women are portrayed in this book. Unless you want to die a slow, painful, slightly excruciating death, that is. ➽ Full Way to Go Mr Sapkowski You Finally Managed to Make Me Give Up on this Series Congratulations Compliment Good Job Well Done and Stuff Crappy Non Review (WtGMSYFMtMMGUotSCCGJWDaSCNR™) to come. Not sure when, though. I think I need to sacrifice a few puny humans to relieve my anger first.

Declare Regarding Books Czas pogardy (The Witcher #2)

Title:Czas pogardy (The Witcher #2)
Author:Andrzej Sapkowski
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 319 pages
Published:1995 by superNOWA
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. European Literature. Polish Literature. Audiobook. High Fantasy. Epic Fantasy. Magic

Rating Regarding Books Czas pogardy (The Witcher #2)
Ratings: 4.23 From 55350 Users | 2173 Reviews

Rate Regarding Books Czas pogardy (The Witcher #2)
This is my favorite book in the series so far. Ciri and Geralt really go through some difficult changes which makes this novel all the more interesting. So whereas Blood of Elves sets up the idea of Ciri being at the center of courtly intrigue and politics, with Geralt and Yennefer trying to protect her -- Time of Contempt goes deep into that same intrigue and politics with an absolute cluster of a battle in the middle of the story. Though the focus is split halfway between Ciri and Geralt,

I'm so bummed. This series really isn't capturing my imagination and soul like I anticipated it would. I think I expected more monsters. More Geralt. More of a linear story. This is all world-domination and switching POVs and political conniving. I'm going to do it, guys. I'm going to finish this series! The awesome game franchise is owed that much on my behalf. But I'm just super bummed on this one. Dare I say, I may actually...enjoy the games more? *le gasp!*Also, WHAT THE HECK WITH THIS

I feel like doing a super informal review for this one, just because this writer makes me feel so many feelings and The Witcher is on the fast-track to becoming my favourite series so quickly that I don't know how to put my thoughts into presentable order. So here's a bunch of words for you, and a few run-on sentences most likely. It's not gushy, I promise, just ineloquent. My review of The Blood of Elves is probably a better recommendation of the series.Ciri, Geralt, and Yennefer are some of my

The person everybody was searching for in the previous book was still at large with Geralt being one of the two people who could guess the whereabouts. This means everybody was still conducting the search, but this time it became clear that the aim was to make sure the person in question is really dead just like the rumors started by Geralt stated. As we all know sometimes little people can get in the way of movers and the shakers of the world and make them very much inconvenienced by just being

Check out my review for The Time of Contempt on Grimdark Magazine at: Grimdark Magazine Time of Contempt, the second full-length novel in The Witcher universe continues where Blood of Elves left off, and thrust us back into the world that is now teeming with politics and inter-race war. Always takes action. Wrongly or rightly; that is revealed later. But you should act, be brave, seize life by the scruff of the neck. Believe me, little one, you should only regret inactivity, indecisiveness,



Taking into account only the books of this saga that I have read so far,I can say that this is one of the rare (few) series where the sequels are better than the first book.I can't wait to read the next novel in the series and I hope that I won't be disappointed at the end.

Post a Comment

0 Comments