Search

Books Free The Fox and The Hound Download Online

Books Free The Fox and The Hound  Download Online
The Fox and The Hound Hardcover | Pages: 251 pages
Rating: 4.24 | 999 Users | 69 Reviews

Be Specific About Appertaining To Books The Fox and The Hound

Title:The Fox and The Hound
Author:Daniel P. Mannix
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 251 pages
Published:February 1st 1967 by Pocket Books (first published 1967)
Categories:Classics. Animals. Fiction. Childrens. Animal Fiction

Rendition As Books The Fox and The Hound

To anyone else thinking of reading this, It's not the Disney film most children grew up with. This isn't a bad thing, in fact it gives the novel much more poignant depth than the film ever had in its cutesy friendship theme, but if you're an animal-lover, I'd proceed with caution. The Fox and the Hound novel is also deeper in the sense that it highlights the intense cultural differences between the days of rural farm life and more developed 1960's society. The book begins in a world where hunting is less a sport and more a matter of survival and a way to make a living. As time goes on, the act of hunting becomes a way to settle an age-old vendetta. I'm not sure how to feel about that. It seems rather petty to vow to dedicate your entire life towards hunting down a fox that got your pet dog killed. But I guess if you're the town wino who spends most of your time hunting anyway, you've got nothing better to do. Unlike the burly lumberjack-esque hunters of most classic fiction, this novel also features a female hunter alongside the guy and his dog, which was interesting - although, again, she's not the same gentle old widow Disney painted her out to be.

The Fox and the Hound was one of several books they pulled from the shelves at my elementary school (ironically they left Where the Red Fern Grows alone, and that was the one that had a dog getting disemboweled alive on a thorny tree branch). I'd grown up just assuming the novel was a slightly less childish version of the Disney film, so it was a whole new experience to see the differences between the two. What I liked about the novel is that, as dark as it was, it's not just a straightforward man-and-his-dog type story. It's a story of revenge getting out of control to the point of obsession. I'm not sure it was ever intended to be purely a children's story, since its themes seem to run more complex than that, and it seems like it would have scared most children. I would've hated this book if I were fifteen years younger.

Point Books Toward The Fox and The Hound

Original Title: The Fox and The Hound
ISBN: 0671772724 (ISBN13: 9780671772727)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Dutton Animal Book Award (1967)

Rating Appertaining To Books The Fox and The Hound
Ratings: 4.24 From 999 Users | 69 Reviews

Rate Appertaining To Books The Fox and The Hound
Written in the point of view of a foxhound. The first book I have ever read in an animal's pov. There are a few pages of a wolf's pov in "Ordinary Wolves" by Seth Kantner. So vivid that even after putting the book down, I tended to see things, notice them, at a dog's height. One of the first books I read in English. Profound.

This books does not deserve five stars. Five stars can't even begin to touch it. It deserves 10, 15, 100. Easily one of the best novels I've ever read. I've just finished and I'm left breathless, heartbroken, and in awe. Why oh why is this out of print? Like many other readers I have a pretty solid list in my head of my all time favorite books, and this one just caused an earthquake. There's been a shift, a grand one, and this story has secured its spot in my heart and on the top.

This is a great book. I found it in the children's section at the library when I was a kid, but I don't think it's a children's book. Wonder what the author thinks.The author did a great job of trying to replicate the thought processes of the fox and the hound.Too bad they made it into a Disney movie. LOL I see other reviewers are disappointed that the book is not at all like its cinematic successor.

#IM A CRYING DISASTER BEWARE: This is NOT a disney story. So I'm gonna use gifs cause after reading this novel I think I deserve a little bit of happinness.This is the story about a fox named Tod And a hound called CopperTod is a red fox kit, raised as a pet by one of the human hunters who killed his mother and litter mates.Copper, a bloodhound crossbred, was once the favorite among his Master's pack of hunting dogs in a rural country area. However, he now feels threatened by Chief, a

I've loved the Disney movie ever since I was a child, and for this reason I decided to read the book as well. Unfortunately it's nowhere near as cute and nostalgic as the movie.The most suitable word about this book is cruel. From the very first chapter we are introduced to the savage hunting habits of the people. I lost count of how many animals were killed throughout the story.On a positive side, I really enjoyed how Tod was characterized. He was cunning, clever and extremely adaptive. Copper

The Fox and The Hound by Daniel P. Mannix gets 5 stars and a Roman Emperor style thumbs up.This is the book that the Disney film of the same name was based on. However; the similarities just about end at there being a fox called Tod, a dog called Copper, and a hunter trying to kill the fox.In the Disney film, Tod and Copper are best friends but eventually realise they come from different worlds and go their separate ways. In the book, there is no such friendship. It is a story of a hunter and

Its definitely a YA book and had I read it when I was younger I might have enjoyed it much more.

Post a Comment

0 Comments