Search

Books The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King #1) Download Online Free

Present Regarding Books The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King #1)

Title:The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King #1)
Author:T.H. White
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Abridged Junior Classic
Pages:Pages: 352 pages
Published:November 2nd 1998 by Collins (first published 1938)
Categories:Fantasy. Classics. Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Mythology. Arthurian. Childrens. Young Adult
Books The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King #1) Download Online Free
The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King #1) Paperback | Pages: 352 pages
Rating: 3.91 | 22594 Users | 875 Reviews

Narrative To Books The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King #1)

"Learn. That is the only thing that never fails."--Merlyn the Wizard Before there was a famous king named Arthur, there was a curious boy named Wart and a kind old wizard named Merlyn. Transformed by Merlyn into the forms of his fantasy, Wart learns the value of history from a snake, of education from a badger, and of courage from a hawk--the lessons that help turn a boy into a man. Together, Wart and Merlyn take the reader through this timeless story of childhood and adventure--The Sword in the Stone. T.H. White's classic tale of the young Arthur's questioning and discovery of his life is unparalleled for its wit and wisdom, and for its colorful characters, from the wise Merlyn to the heroic Robin Wood to the warmhearted King Pellinore. Golden Kite Honor artist Dennis Nolan has loved The Sword in the Stone since childhood, and he imbues White's tale with magic and mystery in his glowing illustrations. Readers who know Arthur or are meeting him for the first time will delight in this beautiful rendering of one of the greatest stories of all time.

Point Books Conducive To The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King #1)

Original Title: The Sword in the Stone
ISBN: 000675399X (ISBN13: 9780006753995)
Edition Language: English
Series: The Once and Future King #1
Characters: Merlin, King Arthur
Setting: United Kingdom
Literary Awards: Retro Hugo Award for Best Novel (2014)


Rating Regarding Books The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King #1)
Ratings: 3.91 From 22594 Users | 875 Reviews

Crit Regarding Books The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King #1)
I'll say I really enjoyed parts of this book and I zoned out during other parts of this movie. I'm a huge fan of the Disney cartoon and the characters and scenes they left out for the most part were smart and I didn't miss them.I am glad that I read this classic and I want to finish the Once and future King. There is a lot going on here and much of it is the myth of King Arthur. I feel like this was written for a different time and when it was written it revolutionized the Arthurian Myth. I

Dissertation reread time! I acquired a distaste for T.H. White sometime during my MA, and I'm not sure exactly why: rereading The Sword in the Stone, I still rather loved it, with its gentle humour and the character of the narratorial voice and its understanding of each character. I note that in my first review I noticed the way it treats Kay, which is a good sign for this dissertation...It's written in a conversational way, but it's also beautiful. There are descriptions of the natural world

If you decide to read this, look for an unabridged edition with the author's illustrations. I read the Time-Life edition. There should be lots of words and terms you've never encountered before. Unless, of course, you are an expert on Norman England, falconry, hunting boars, long-ago dog breeds, tilting, jousting and medieval butchery. I want to label this a quirky fantasy. It's certainly can't be taken seriously. The audience seems to be juvenile, but the language, specifically the terminology,

I read this when I was younger, but I don't remember loving it so much then. I didn't remember how the narrative voice blended humour and beautiful descriptions, anachronisms and explanations of relatively historically accurate details. I forgot how intertextual it is -- Merlin putting his fingers together like Sherlock Holmes, and all the hints at Lancelot's doings and so on, and Robin Hood...But it is all those things. There are parts of it that are beautiful, parts that are so wonderfully

I loved this book. Went in thinking it would be some sort of taking-itself-seriously book of lore... and ended up giggling at it on the subway many, many times. The little 20th century pop-culture references and Merlin getting flustered and Pellinore getting flustered and the Questing Beast and the hedgehog and the song of Wold King-Cole and THE ANTS and and and just everything was so smart and silly and sweet. And it begs to be read aloud. Was kinda sad about the gender ratio- boys had the

Sometimes, I choose the next book I am going to read based on the sound of the narrator's voice. That was the case with this book. It was the middle of the night and I couldn't relax enough to go to sleep, so, I listened to excerpts from my queue of audiobooks. I was looking for a narrator that had a pleasant voice that I could relax to, as the story unwound. Neville Jason does a wonderful job of narrating all the characters and is lovely to listen to.As for the story itself, I wanted something

My love of the television show Merlin, could not get me through this book. I finally finished it, and all I really have to say is that I shall not be starting "The Once and Future King" any time soon. When I picked up this book up at a library book sale I had such high expectations for the story, which quickly evaporated within the first four chapters. The book was not exactly poorly written (and I've read worse), but the tone of voice conflicts with the overall narration, which prevents the

Post a Comment

0 Comments