Search

Books Oscar and Lucinda Download Online Free

Books Oscar and Lucinda  Download Online Free
Oscar and Lucinda Paperback | Pages: 515 pages
Rating: 3.73 | 19182 Users | 876 Reviews

Particularize Books Concering Oscar and Lucinda

Original Title: Oscar and Lucinda
ISBN: 0702229784 (ISBN13: 9780702229787)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Oscar Hopkins, Lucinda Leplastrier, Reverend Dennis Hasset, Hugh Stratton
Setting: Sydney, New South Wales(Australia) England
Literary Awards: Booker Prize (1988), Miles Franklin Literary Award (1989), National Book Council Banjo Award for Fiction (1989), Colin Roderick Award (1988), The Best of the Booker Nominee (2008)

Relation To Books Oscar and Lucinda

Peter Carey's Booker Prize winning novel imagines Australia's youth, before its dynamic passions became dangerous habits. It is also a startling and unusual love story.

Oscar is a young English clergyman who has broken with his past and developed a disturbing talent for gambling. A country girl of singular ambition, Lucinda moves to Sydney, driven by dreams of self-reliance and the building of an industrial Utopia. Together this unlikely pair create and are created by the spectacle of mid-nineteenth century Australia.

Peter Carey's visionary brilliance, and his capacity to delight and surprise, propel this story to its stunning conclusion.

Define Epithetical Books Oscar and Lucinda

Title:Oscar and Lucinda
Author:Peter Carey
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 515 pages
Published:January 29th 1998 by University of Queensland Press (first published 1988)
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Cultural. Australia

Rating Epithetical Books Oscar and Lucinda
Ratings: 3.73 From 19182 Users | 876 Reviews

Write Up Epithetical Books Oscar and Lucinda
When I started this book I knew I was in for something different. Two gamblers fall in love and conspire to transport a glass church across the outback in colonial times? And it's good? Yes, it is good. Peter Carey's Oscar and Lucinda was a great trip for me. I loved being immersed in the details of the 1850s and 1860s. I especially loved being immersed in the details of the mind from this period. This is not a simple love story. The characters feel deeply about many things, and have many

Peter Carey writes so brilliantly as far as prose and language is concerned, and I liked Parrot and Olivier in America, but even though my friends like this one, I did NOT like this book. I did finish it as I needed to, but it was a push. I wanted to like it due to the prose, but I did not like either protagonist. I thought at first I was going to like Lucinda, but in the end, not enough to get me to enjoy this. Had I read this about 10 years before it was published (impossible, naturally) I

I am declaring myself FINIS! but only because I'm horribly bored and can't take it any more.

I've considered giving this book a fifth star. The writing was pretty much perfect, the story unique and the characters interesting and memorable. I also know I've given five stars to books that weren't nearly as well-written. I suspect I'm being stingy with that final star because the book didn't keep me riveted. It's not really a book you read to find out what will happen next but to take in and savor what you are reading now, and I'm not sure it's fair to punish a book for that. Still, I will



I am declaring myself FINIS! but only because I'm horribly bored and can't take it any more.

Well, I can see why Peter Carey has been compared to a contemporary Charles Dickens. His characters and the world he creates have a similar eccentricity and inventiveness and energy. Oscars childhood is a sheer delight to read. Hes the son of an overbearing fire and brimstone preacher and marine biologist and there are some memorable images of the two of them on beaches searching for fossils in rock pools. When his wife dies, Oscars father takes all her clothes and throw them in the sea. As a

Post a Comment

0 Comments