Search

Books Online Download Song of Songs Free

List Books During Song of Songs

Original Title: Song of Songs
ISBN: 0446360988 (ISBN13: 9780446360982)
Edition Language: English
Books Online Download Song of Songs  Free
Song of Songs Paperback | Pages: 0 pages
Rating: 4.33 | 309 Users | 22 Reviews

Narration In Pursuance Of Books Song of Songs

Don't read this book if you are already feeling blue. The depths of despair this story of a woman's systematic physical, emotional, and spiritual breakdown due to the impact of war and its aftermath, will surely put you over the edge if you are already fragile. I cried pretty much every chapter from the beginning of World War I and way beyond, which was somehow worse. The writing is fantastic, the characterization of the first person protagonist so palpable that you are literally experiencing every emotion, stress, and imbalance. I don't normally go for books with so much death, tragedy and horror but I went into it blind and once I got started, there was no way I could put it down. I want to read her other books and I am crossing my fingers that they won't be as dark otherwise I may have to ration them to one per decade so I don't completely lose my mind.

Describe Of Books Song of Songs

Title:Song of Songs
Author:Beverley Hughesdon
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 0 pages
Published:June 1st 1991 by Warner Books (NY) (first published May 1990)
Categories:War. World War I. Historical. Historical Fiction. Romance. Historical Romance

Rating Of Books Song of Songs
Ratings: 4.33 From 309 Users | 22 Reviews

Judgment Of Books Song of Songs
This was a LONG book. Took me a full month to read it, but it was good. It was marked by others as a Historical Romance, but I would consider it more WWI fiction. It tells the story of the life of an aristocrat girl who grew to a woman at the time of World War I. The story began when Helena was about three in 1895 and covers through to 1922. She was born to typical selfish parents of her class and was raised by servants. In many ways she was weak, but she was also loyal to those she loved. That

Re-read for the umpteenth time. Just as satisfactorily enjoyable as ever, on a par with Gone with the Wind for epic re-visiting. in April 2013 I wrote: I don't know how long this book sat on my shelf, me thinking I had read it; I took it down thinking to charity it, read it "just in case" and then umpteen times thereafter. Don't know what was so compelling: it is a period I am anyway drawn to, but the relationship between Ben and Helena has to play a part. Certainly in my top three all time

I have read this book more times than I can count and I still love it. Even though I think the main character Helena is fairly sappy, I still love this story which says a lot. It's epic, sweeps across some key moments in history and has the detail to pull it off. A atypical love story which does justice to the horror and sacrifice of WW1 and is still thoroughly enjoyable.

A secret favourite, have read it so many times that the pages are falling out of my copy. I love a war-time romance

A disappointing Edwardian saga, Song of Songs had much unfulfilled potential. Lady Helena Girvan is a child of privilege in 1890s England who becomes a war nurse after fiance departs for the battlefield, and the bulk of the novel is how her war experiences affect her life after the armistice. The writing is choppy, especially in the beginning, and the pacing is off. Far less romantic than a typical family saga, Helena makes some dubious choices and her naivete does not ring true in places. The

i have already read this book but am looking forward to reading it again and reading it as a woman rather than a teenager which i was when i first stumbled upon it

One of my favorite romances of all time. Tied with Gone With the Wind.

Post a Comment

0 Comments