Search

Books Download The Jester Free

Identify Books Toward The Jester

Original Title: The Jester
ISBN: 0755300203 (ISBN13: 9780755300204)
Edition Language: English
Books Download The Jester  Free
The Jester Paperback | Pages: 548 pages
Rating: 3.8 | 18392 Users | 1014 Reviews

Particularize Based On Books The Jester

Title:The Jester
Author:James Patterson
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 548 pages
Published:March 1st 2004 by Headline (first published March 3rd 2003)
Categories:Mystery. Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Thriller. Mystery Thriller. Crime. Fantasy

Description As Books The Jester

Freedom - in eleventh-century France, it is a luxury enjoyed by only the King and nobility. For the serf, it is surely worth fighting for. But is it worth dying for?

Arriving home disillusioned from the Crusades, Hugh DeLuc discovers that his village has been ransacked and his wife abducted. The dark riders came in the dead of night, like devils, wearing no colours but black crosses on their chests, leaving no clue as to who they are. Knights they may be, but honour and chivalry are not part of their code. They search for a relic, one worth more than any throne in Europe, and no man can stand in their way. Until Hugh, taking on the role of a jester, is able to infiltrate the enemy's castle where he believes his wife is being held captive.

And when a man is fighting for freedom - for his wife, and for everything he holds dear - he will prove a formidable opponent.

Rating Based On Books The Jester
Ratings: 3.8 From 18392 Users | 1014 Reviews

Column Based On Books The Jester
I guess it's no surprise that a historical mystery written by two thriller writers is not very historically accurate, but if you can grit your teeth and ignore that then it's an enjoyable, often farcical romp through medieval France. Set in the crusades in 11th century France, cheeky commoner and innkeeper Hugh deLuc joins the crusaders to travel to Jerusalem to kill the infidels with the promise of freedom and riches on his return. After seeing the reality of the crusades with many of the

I'm a big fan of historical fiction but this book is written in such a way that it's almost too easy to read. Considering that it's a collaboration between two authors it makes for a good medieval yarn.Set during the late 11th century during the Crusades; it didn't bowl me over. Not really a swashbuckling tale of brave knights coming to save the day, more of a serf fighting oppression and injustice against the nobles and knights who mete it out. I was surprised that James Patterson would

I'm only reading this because I haven't gone to the library recently and it was one of the few fiction books on the shelves that I hadn't read. It's terrible, but yet I keep reading. Morbid curiousity, I guess. It's supposed to take place in France during the Crusades, but the writing style is all wrong for historical fiction and is full of anachronisms and unconvincing slang. There's no emotional depth to any of the characters, and no intricacy to the plot. Patterson has clearly written way too

This is a re-read, something I didn't realize until I started to add it to my shelf and discovered it was already there. I don't remember how long it has been since I first read it, but I gave it 4 stars back then. I have to give it a weak 3.5 stars this time. The book started slow for me and, although a good read, it just didn't draw me in, really draw me in, until about 3/4 the way through the book. From that point on, I still give it 4 stars, but I have to take in to account how slow the

So, this was a very different novel from Patterson's usual mysteries, so I suspect it was more Gross than Patterson. Set in the Middle Ages, it was too brutal for me. The second half redeemed itself for me.

I think the nicest thing I can say about this book--and possibly all of Patterson's books--is that it would be an excellent book for adult learners (especially male) to cut their reading teeth on. The chapters are short, the sentences are short, there are very few challenging words to stump readers, and there's no complexities to the text whatsoever.But for an adult reading at an advanced level, hoping for involved plot or character development, this book is...possibly going to be disappointing.

I thought the story was awesome. I kept raising the question "How is Hugh getting out of this one?" which kept me reading until the end, finishing the book in less than a week. Of course the book doesn't really leave a lot of downtime. The story is always progressing, jumping from one event to the next in the blink of an eye. You're never too far from the action, and with how short the chapters are (and large text) a book that looks like it could take a while is actually a quick and fun read.On

Post a Comment

0 Comments